Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Well today was AWESOME!!! It started with me hearing my husband getting up out of bed a little before 7:00 this morning. He is always the first one up on Christmas Day. He is the biggest kid. He got up and put on the coffee and I soon followed. We were trying to wait for the kids to get up and come downstairs so we could open presents. So we waited and I turned on the Christmas music and made cinnamon rolls thinking by making some noise and the smell of the cinnamon rolls would wake up my kids. But no such luck. So I finally got them up by knocking on the walls and down they came.

Daddy past out the presents as he always does. This is one tradition he loves to do. He gets a lot of joy out of it. We had fun opening our presents and as always my husband spoils me. I can never seem to out do him. I am very blessed to have such a kind giving husband. Megan prayed over us and that was the highlight of the morning.
What a special privelege we have to be able to celebrate our Lord & Savior's birth today. I feel that my family is truly a GIFT from GOD!!!!

So after presents we dispersed, everyone wanted to play all their new games for the computer and Xbox. So I decided to start reading a book I got. Nights in Rodanthe. I didn't have any trouble getting into this book. Ohhh it's good. I did however have to stop and get our roast in the oven. George helped to. He has been so helpful lately. I'm loving it. So I went back to reading my book after we got that roast in the oven. It needed to cook about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. Well when I got up to check on dinner I was surprised that I had read half the book already. Boy I'm on a roll.

We ate around 3:30.Our prime rib roast turned out fabulous. It had the best flavor and we devoured it. So while the kids cleaned up the kitchen I went back to reading my book. I can't put it down. We were planning on playing a game tonight and Megan was gonna make cookies. So I kept on reading. Well around 6:30 I finished my book. I can't beleive it. I have never finished a book in one day EVER. It's a good book but I don't recommend it for our daughter's to read. It's a romance novel by Nicholas Sparks. His books are very well written but still not based on the principles we are trying to raise our daughters on.

Hope every one had a very blessed Christmas.

3 comments:

Cindy and Tay said...

I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas. I thought about you all. God is so good to bless us with such good friends!
Love you!!!!

LA Nickers said...

Adorable blog!

Blessings and Happy New Year!

Linda

HEART OF A READY WRITER – Reading Through the Bible in 2009

Anonymous said...

You sound like you have a GEM of a husband!

Love, Hope